Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, outline, research, and write chapters for future books — consulting with our editors throughout the process
• Adhere to AP style
• Craft engaging headlines and story leads
• Conduct occasional interviews with medical researchers and leading health and finance experts
• Learn and use our Content Management System for all assignments, following guidelines for citing sources and documenting your work
• Propose graphics and illustrations to accompany stories, as needed
• Meet project deadlines and production goals
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field; professional writing experience is preferred
• Match FC&A’s friendly, conversational writing style (8th-grade reading level)
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to quickly comprehend the finer points of complex topics
Candidates will be asked to take our standard pre-employment tests and a 4-hour writing test. If you don’t live in the south-Atlanta area, please indicate in your cover letter if you are planning on relocating.
How to contact us:
Send your resume and writing samples to FC&A Publishing. Please select a sample that demonstrates your ability to write a story similar to the content and style of a popular magazine’s feature story. You may submit an unpublished story or article. Please do not send a thesis, presentation, poem, play, or academic assignment. These samples are unrelated to our writing needs and are not helpful.
Fax: Attn. Barbara at 770-631-4357
Mail: FC&A Publishing, 103 Clover Green, Peachtree City, GA 30269.