Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, outline, research, and write chapters for future books — consulting with our editors throughout the process
- Adhere to AP style
- Craft engaging headlines and story leads
- Conduct occasional interviews with medical researchers and leading health and finance experts
- Learn and use our Content Management System for all assignments, following guidelines for citing sources and documenting your work
- Propose graphics and illustrations to accompany stories, as needed
- Meet project deadlines and production goals
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field; professional writing experience is preferred
- Match FC&A’s friendly, conversational writing style (8th-grade reading level)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly comprehend the finer points of complex topics
Candidates will be asked to take our standard pre-employment tests and a 4-hour writing test. If you don’t live in the south-Atlanta area, please indicate in your cover letter if you are planning on relocating.
How to contact us:
Send your resume and writing samples to FC&A Publishing. Please select a sample that demonstrates your ability to write a story similar to the content and style of a popular magazine’s feature story. You may submit an unpublished story or article. Please do not send a thesis, presentation, poem, play, or academic assignment. These samples are unrelated to our writing needs and are not helpful.