4 Pieces of Advice EVERY Digital User Should Follow!
Does the thought of learning new computer skills seem daunting … even a little scary? Fear not. Take a look at these tips to help you get up and running in the digital world.
- Take your time. Technology can be frustrating at times. However, if you start rushing or get annoyed, this will only slow you down in the long run.
- Expect things to go wrong. It’s a fact of life that electronics don’t always behave as they should. This can be frustrating, but if you accept it as being inevitable, then you can get on with trying to fix the problem.
- Learn the settings. All computers have a selection of settings that can be used to manage and customize the device. If you become familiar with these from the start, then you will have a great foundation for taking control of your digital world.
- Experiment. Trying new things is how you will discover new functions on your computing devices. An easy way to teach yourself to use the computer in the privacy of your own home is by grabbing a copy of New Technology Made Easy for Seniors: The User-Friendly Guidebook to Smartphones, Smart TVs, Super Sites, Computers, and More (It Doesn't Have to Be So Complicated!) It has easy-to-understand instructions to walk you through just about anything you’d like to learn.
- Tags: Active Aging Brain & Memory computer computer knowledge Computers digital voice assistant email group call healthy brain Healthy Living Healthy Shopping & Cooking Household Tips Internet deals Internet Scams iPhone message modern technology online coupons Online security saving money savings Security senior living seniors on computers Smart Money smart phone Smartphone Technology texting
- FC&A Staff Writer