6 Surprisingly Tasty Sources of Fiber
If you think fiber tastes like cardboard, you’re in for a surprise. These treats will tickle your taste buds while serving up a healthy dose of fiber.
- Grapefruit. Skip the juice and go straight for the fruit. This citrus sweetheart packs fiber in a gel-like substance called pectin.
- Olives. Toss these in a salad or pasta dish for a savory source of fiber.
- Artichoke hearts. Sauté in a little bit of olive oil with garlic, and add to a casserole to boost fiber without a lot of calories.
- Go nuts over this fabulous source of fiber. Half a cup serves up about 6 grams. Toss them into a fruit salad for a crunchy treat.
- Dark chocolate. Let a 1.4-ounce serving melt in your mouth, and you’ll enjoy a jumbo serving of fiber — about 3 to 6 grams.
- Raspberries. Enjoy a cup of raspberries for a whopping 8 grams of fiber. They taste great over plain yogurt or a bowl of whole-grain cereal.
- FC&A Staff Writer