9 Things to Always Buy Used!
- Books, CDs, and DVDs. You’ll find them on the cheap at most yard sales and secondhand shops. Check out amazon.com, too.
- Sports gear. From hand weights to treadmills, you can find exercise equipment for rock-bottom prices at garage sales and online sites like craigslist.org.
- Jewelry. Quality jewelry doesn’t always hold its value well, so it’s a good idea to buy used. But before you buy, get a professional appraisal.
- Tools. Find just-like-new hammers, saws, and more in newspaper classified ads or on Craigslist.
- Musical Instruments. Buy online, or purchase them used at local music stores. You may even find a store with a rent-to-buy plan, in case your want-to-be musician changes their mind.
- Toys and Games. Stock up for the grandkids at yard sales and thrift shops.
- Tech items. Save big when you buy used or refurbished electronics and technology at sites like bestbuy.com.
- Gift Cards. Sites like cardpool.com and giftcardgranny.com sell gift cards at up to 30 percent off their face value.
- Clothing. Find great deals on clothing for the whole family at online thrift stores like swap.com and thredup.com. You could score discounts of up to 90 percent off retail value!
If you’re looking for more great ways to save on everything from food to taxes, get your copy of The Fixed Income Answer Book for Seniors today!
- FC&A Staff Writer