5 Foods that will Boost Your Energy (Plus, 5 That Will Leave You Fatigued!)
Tired of feeling tired? Your diet may be to blame. After all, food has a big impact on your energy levels! Here are 5 foods to eat and 5 foods to avoid if you want to boost your energy.
- Watermelon: Helps keep you hydrated to boost energy!
- Dark Chocolate: Rich in antioxidants that ease fatigue symptoms by fighting inflammation and cell damage!
- Beans: Help to steady your blood sugar so spikes and dips won’t drain your energy!
- Salmon: Full of vitamins and minerals that help deliver energy straight to your cells!
- Eggs: Packed with leucine, an essential amino acid that helps your muscles use energy!
- Mashed Potatoes: A high glycemic food that will spike your blood sugar, then give you an energy crash when it comes back down.
- Deli Meat: Heavily processed and can leave you feeling sluggish.
- Sweetened Cereal: Full of sugar and unhealthy carbs that will leave you feeling tired.
- White Bread: Full of additives, sugar, and highly processed flour that drain your body of energy. Opt for whole grain bread instead!
- Frozen Pizza: Contains processed crust, cheese, and meat that will make you sleepy an hour or two after eating it.
Another great way to fight fatigue is to lose your belly fat! Learn about the amazing oil that causes belly fat to slide right off your middle on page 351 of 97 Favorite Foods Every Senior Should Eat!
- FC&A Staff Writer